Welcome

You can access this blog page though http://www.lacson.zzn.com/

Surprise yourself --discover what to collect for art, chess and engineering (click here)


Sunday, January 6, 2008

Love, Surrealism, Poetry and Self Portrait


I was inspired about love being fragile so started composing a poem by personification. The context was seen from my personal perspective and so decided that I put my real name in the lines. The title is "Love is a Living Thing". The poem eventaully led me to compose a painting. And because the poem reflects my character, the artwork also reflected an image of me. The title of the painting is "Loving Mother Playing To Her Child in Self Portrait"

Hope you will all like it. If not, please suggest improvement.
Thank you.


Love is a Living Thing
(c) Joemar Lacson 2002

Just shower me care so meek and mild
Or pamper me like a feeble child,
Exalted and proud would then I will bloom,
Making more flowery smiles amidst the gloom;
Allowing joviality shines beyond your skies,
Rendering spectacles within your eyes.

Love indeed is a living thing,
And so must you yield and bring
Careful arms to keep it warm,
Steadfast devotion to keep it from harm,
Or else, it will cease to grow,
Never again to live because of sorrow.

(Read all first letter to get the name of the author)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joemar -

I found you via BlogCatalog. I find this piece of artwork very intriguing.

If you want to sell your artworks online, you should take a look at http://www.dezinedesign.com/create/
...or perhaps you already sell online?

All the best for 2008,

Tanya - artist/photographer from Kenya

Anonymous said...

Following on from my last post, this is the direct link to DezineDesign, with information about selling your artworks online.

Joemar aka chessmagic5 said...

Thank you, pixie. But am already selling online.

Will look into it anyhow if its a better way.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Tami Daun said...

Ooh, I absolutely loved this! Fantastic.

Joemar aka chessmagic5 said...

Thanks, tamera :)